Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sticker Shock!

 I was browsing the net one night and came across these.  LOVED them right away, and knew right away I was NEVER gonna own them.  With a sticker price of $495, I was more than shocked, I was a little mad.  I mean really, doesn't every one deserve the chance to own great stuff?   Then it hit me, I can have this, and I can have it my way!

Of course if you want to buy this piece all you have to do is go here and it's yours, I bet they charge shipping too.




Her is MY version!  I contacted a friend on Facebook that creates some of the best signs, and this is what I got!!!  Her name is Marcie and she is so talented.  I told her what I wanted, and after a little trial and error, this is the finished result.  I originally picked the wrong font, it just didn't work.  Marcie was a totally pro about it changed it for me.  Working with her was great, she sends you pictures as she goes, there are no surprises, just lots of happy!  I like happy.

Curious about what is says?  This is what sold it for me really, I knew when I read the translation (I don't read French, but love the way it looks.) exactly where I would hang it.  When I say me, I mean the handy man Blaine!   Anyway, it says 'Idleness is the Mother of all Evil', and it hangs right next to my craft hutch.  My sweet reminder to craft more. 
You should check Marcie out at Everyday Blessings, she can do anything!  Go show her some love.

Thanks Marcie, you are the best sign maker ever, and I had a blast working with you.  I can't wait for our next project.

Tammy :)


Linking with:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great quote and perfect spot for it! I'll pop over and see Marcie's blog!

Hope you're having a beautiful Colorado Thursday!
~Michelle

Tammy @ Type A said...

hey lady,
Marcie is great. You'll love her. I hope your thursday in Colorado is just as beautiful!

t

Anonymous said...

Tammy...I like yours better!!

It's kind of ironic because I just sent you an email. After that I came to your blog and read this post. The weird thing is that I am literally painting a sign write now...To funny...

Take care,
Lisa

Tammy @ Type A said...

thanks girl, i like mine too, not as industrial. i do like the original, but not girly enough for my room. :)

Angie said...

The sign turned out great!! LOVE Marcie!!! She's been a friend of mine for almost 20 years.

Megan Gunyan said...

Very cool. I love that saying! Great way to save a ton of $$$!

I hope you can join my vintage tag giveaway going on now! Merry Christmas!
alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

For stickers cost like that, it's indeed shocking and don't think it's deserving to spent too much. Yet I so love your own idea, very intelligent. Thanks for sharing by the way. Cheers :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails